It has been forever since I've updated! Once school started, I found that I had a whole lot less time to work on the blog. I am supposed to be working for only 3 days a week, but lots of weeks that turns into at least four. My school was chosen as one of three schools in the district (out of 49) to start a family services initiative. We're the pilot and if it works, the program will spread throughout the district. While I love being at the forefront of a program to better serve the families at Jackson, it has added a lot to my workload!
Mason and Max have both started school at Blue Ivey. It's the same daycare that Mason has gone to for three years. Mason is in Pre-K, as he will proudly tell you. He has homework twice a week and loves doing it! Now if we can keep that enthusiasm going =) He is learning the sounds that go with the letters and has started reading some simple books. He has mostly memorized them, but he feels like a reader and we're excited about that!
Max LOVES school! I was very worried about the transition for him (okay, maybe I was more worried about me!) and wondered how he would do with a classroom full of kids when his verbal skills are quite where they need to be. I needn't have worried! He loves going every day and has quickly become the staff favorite. Every day someone tells me they are going to take him home =) He is doing a lot of painting and reading books and loves all the interaction. His vocabulary is coming along nicely and his walking gets better every day.
We went and had Mason's 4 year pictures taken a few weeks ago. They turned out pretty cute!
Looking like a little angel =)
Don't they look like they are scheming something? They have really started to play together and enjoy spending time with each other. It is great to watch them building a relationship.
Complete and total orneriness!
I'm gonna get you!
Complete adoration--okay, maybe that's a pipe dream, but a mom can wish, can't she!


No comments:
Post a Comment