Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Old Swampy & Watch DOGS



With Mason's birthday being in July, he has never been able to celebrate his birthday at school. In Kindergarten, they take the last two weeks of the school year to make a big deal out of summer birthdays. When Mason realized this, he started planning his cupcakes =)
I know the time will come when he doesn't want me to make his cupcakes anymore, he'll want me to buy them from a store. I'm pushing for that to wait as long as possible! To help with this, I pulled out my cool cupcake cookbook and had him start flipping through the pages. Once he found Old Swampy, it was all over.
Old Swampy is a cupcake cake shaped like an alligator. The icing looked a bit detailed, but I told him I would give it a try. It actually turned out pretty cute.
Mason in the cafeteria with his cake, complete with birthday crown. You can't see it in the pic, but Mason has a 6 on his crown. When I asked him why he didn't have a 7, he said it was because it was his fake birthday =)
Mason and his buddy Gabriel
In addition to Mason celebrating his birthday, Jacob was a Watch DOGS Dad on the same day. Mason has been waiting for this day all year! Jacob then spent the day working in various classrooms, including Mason's, had lunch and recess with Mason, and just generally spent the day with the kids. We have dads come in all year long. It's a great program--the dads and kids love it.
My two handsome boys =)
Mason also got to be on the announcements--he has been waiting ALL YEAR for this. When Mrs. Benson asked what he liked most about his daddy, Mase said his bald head! And we thought Max was our clown =)
Now on to the planning of the actual birthday celebration--Mario Bros. Wonder what the cake will look like?

2 comments:

Dwyer family said...

That alligator is awesome! May need to steal that idea in the future...Glad to have you back in the blogging world!

Kim said...

It was actually really east and super cute, I mean cool, for all the boys in our family!