Jacob had dinner going and appetizers ready. I got to play with the kids and have a glass of wine while he finished dinner. The rest of the weekend was spent just being with my family. We went out to breakfast and spent a lot of time in the backyard.
My gift was AMAZING! Jacob had a quilt made for me using all the boys baby clothes and blankets that I had kept. It turned out better than either of us imagined.
There are pieces of each of the boys baptism outfits, the outfits they came home in, those tiny little sleepers Max wore for so long while he was sick, and tons of blankets.
A few of my favorite pieces (although the entire thing is really my favorite!)
The outfit Max came home in. He was such a little peanut!
The silk boxers Mason (and Max) wore in his first birthday photo shoot =)
The border made out of one of Max's favorite blankets...
The quilt has really turned out to be a wonderful way to preserve all those memories of when the boys were little. If I had just kept everything in a box, I probably never would have gotten anything out and with the quilt, I get to see the little pieces of their babyhood every day.
As I mentioned, we spent a lot of time outside over the weekend. Well, Saturday night, we had had some rain so Sunday things were a little soggy outside. We were all out back and I had walked around the corner of the house to help Jacob with something. We were gone for probably about 10 minutes. This is what we came back to:
My mother's day ended with a hose down (literally) of both boys with the garden hose. Gotta love being a boy mama! I love my boys and feel so blessed to be their mom =)


1 comment:
That quilt is just priceless--what a wonderful gift!
Post a Comment