Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spring Break, Part 1

We have had the most wonderful week! On Friday, Gayla, Marla (who was also on Spring Break), Mammy, and Gramps came to visit. It has been a little while since Mammy and Gramps have to Texas--it was really great to have them here. Gramps and Daddy were good sports about staying in with the boys during their naps so the girls could shop (I think it was just so they could nap too =) !) We hit a couple of malls and Marla even got her first Coach wallet, which she bought with her own money, I might add. We're so thankful that Mammy and Gramps could come and visit. The boys had a wonderful time playing with them. Max would wake up every morning asking for Mammy and she was the last person he asked for at night. Once he was awake, he had a lot of fun reading and playing with "Bamps" =)

Mammy and Gramps drove back to Kansas on Monday. Marla and I have both been reading the Twilight series (which was, surprisingly, very good) and Gayla was a little out of the loop not having read the books yet. The movie was still playing at the dollar theater in Plano, so Marla and I drug (okay, not really drug) Gayla to it. It was my second time (I already drug Jacob once) and Marla's FIFTH time to see it! Gayla really enjoyed it and is now planning to read the books.

Tuesday we kept the boys home and had a fun-filled St. Patrick's Day.


We made cookies...


went on a treasure hunt and had lunch with Daddy.


Once we got home, Gigi made her famous lime freezes, much to the dismay of Aunt Jodi and Aunt Jamie. They don't like it when Gigi comes to Texas over St. Patrick's Day, but the boys think it should become tradition =)



On Wednesday, we had another fun filled shopping day. Once the boys got home from school, we spent the afternoon outside. The weather was finally nice (like it's supposed to be over Spring Break!) and we played.

I wonder how long it will be before I see him IN that tree? I'm afraid I may have broken bones in my future...

Boys being boys...it's so much fun to watch Mason and Max starting to play together like brothers do. Max is finally getting big enough to actually play WITH Mason, not next to him. And, Mason is great--most of the time he really watches out for Max and plays gently with him.

My sweet, silly boys...

...and our beautiful Marla. I really enjoyed spending time with her this week. She's growing up way too fast and I really was glad I got the opportunity to just spend some time with her. She's definitely a great addition to our family!

Tomorrow the boys are home from school and I'm hoping to find something really fun to do with them. Stay tuned!!

No comments: